We thank you for applying for a job with General Soft Drinks Ltd. In the coming days you would be contacted by someone from our staff to advise you of the status of your application.
Applying for a job is very straight forward. Browse through the current vacancy(ies) and find one that suits your interests and qualifications. Once you’ve made your choice click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and you will be taken to an application form.
In this key role you will be responsible for the management, organisation and direction of the dispatch and distribution teams to ensure that all customer orders are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
Main Responsibilities would include:
- Setting distribution goals and plans, and managing the distribution operations to achieve the set goals
- Day to day running of the Company’s distribution system in Malta and Gozo
- Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement of goods
- Ensuring that the Company’s Distribution set-up is maximized in relation to customer service and operational cost
- Leading the dispatch team to ensure that sales orders are processed and distributed, ensuring timely deliveries and route optimization
- Address customer queries and ensure customer satisfaction
- Driving a safe work environment to ensure employee and food safety
- Developing distribution budgets and managing expenses within the budgets
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
3-5 years progressive and relevant experience in similar distribution role (preferably within the FMCG sector)
Experience in leading a sizeable team
Able to take critical decisions within a fast paced environment
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Ability to research, analyse and propose solutions for multi-faceted problems
Be strategic rather than reactive.
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
Working within the sales and marketing department, you will be responsible for the attainment of the budgeted volume and profit targets in the assigned Territory. You will be driving a group of sales personnel to deliver set objectives for each customer, whilst motivating them to retain present clients and identify and secure new profitable business.
The position will involve:
- The total management of accounts in the territory from a volume, business development, activation, asset, stock and cash management
- Delivering the nets sales revenue targets for all products by trade channel, by package and by SKU
- The development and handling of strategic key accounts
- Guiding and coaching the sales team in order to achieve set targets
- Identifying market opportunities and recommending plans of action
- Managing weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasts recommending sales strategies in order to achieve targets
Applicants are expected to possess:
- The ability to think strategically in order to capture present market trends, define a vision of the future, set an agenda and lead the team to achieve this vision
- A strong commercial acumen with a least five years’ experience in the Maltese FMCG business, preferably with knowledge of the beverage industry
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills.
- An outgoing personality with excellent Interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills
- A self-starter and team player with a strong drive to achieve targets
ASSISTANT PURCHASING MANAGER
We are looking for an Assistant Purchasing Manager to join our team.
In this key post you will be assisting the Purchasing Manager in efficient running of the daily operation and administration of the Purchasing Department.
Main Roles & Tasks:
- Negotiating contract and price terms to secure the most favourable terms of business.
- Keeping track of material consumption trends to avoid shortages and over stocks
- Monitoring of supplier performance ensuring they meet the required standards.
- Keeping abreast of market developments affecting material prices, thus recommending purchasing of Raw materials at the most favourable terms.
- Setting up a centralised spare part purchasing and store system.
- Purchasing of Imported Finished Goods.
Main requirements (Education, Qualifications and Experience Required)
- A minimum of two years experience in a purchasing function
- Experience in using an ERP/MRP software system
- Ability to take initiative, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment
- A structured work approach and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent team management skills with the ability to motivate and develop individuals
- Skilled in use of personal computers.
The candidate should ideally possess a tertiary degree whilst a purchasing qualification will be considered an asset
COLD DRINKS TECHNICIAN
In this position you will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of the Company’s Cold Drinks Equipment located at the Company’s Clients premises.
The selected candidate will be expected to
- Performing installations, commissioning and dismantling of: vending machines, draught pumps, dispensing equipment, coolers and any other Cold drinks equipment
- Performing day to day repairs of Cold Drinks equipment.
- Servicing, sanitizing and performing Preventive Maintenance on Cold Drinks equipment both internally and Externally.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
Applicants are expected to possess:
- A Diploma in Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning or equivalent certificates
- Electrical Licence A.
- A valid clean driving License.
- Diagnostic/troubleshooting experience preferred
- Drive company vehicles to distribute company beverages to our clients
- Collect monies and settle invoices with cash office
Applicants are expected to:
- Have a special driving licence (Category C)
- Possess a secondary level of education
- Be conversant in both Maltese & English
- Have good literacy skills
- Possess a clean police conduct
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Production Technician will perform predictive, routine, preventive and breakdown maintenance on production equipment and its ancillaries.
Main duties include:
- Setting up of the automation machines
- Perform preventive maintenance, predictive, routine and breakdown maintenance
- Ensuring that quality, efficiency, production targets and uptime are reached in the most cost effective manner
The candidate must have a hands-on approach to problems solving, be willing to take up new challenges and possess the ability to prioritize.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Good written and verbal skills in English and Maltese
- Preferably in possession of License A & B
- Be a good team player
Previous experience in a similar position or plc knowledge will be considered an asset.
Full time; Monday to Friday; 3 Shifts basis.
We are always on the lookout for talented and ambitious individuals who can contribute to the success of our company. Should none of the vacancies be applicable to you please feel free to contact us by sending your C.V. and an introductory letter to firstname.lastname@example.org